I am Yağmur, a PhD student in NLP at the Centre Tesnière (CRIT) research lab in the Franche-Comté University, a teaching assistant and the secretary of the CRIT lab.
You can contact me for any question you have at email@example.com!
Comparative morphosemantics, semantic analysis, word-formation, derivational morphology, linguistic modelisation, processing based on linguistic rules, ontologies
Comparative Morphosemantics of French and Turkish: from a theoretical description to a deconstruction tool
Presidency For Turks Abroad And Related Communities (YTB)
Funded by YTB (Ministry of Cultural Affairs and Tourism, Turkey), from november 2020 to november 2021.
Despite the typological differences between French and Turkish, we make an assumption that comparison between these two languages can be made in terms of meaning and meaning construction processes. Thus, our theoretical objectives would be as follows:
- to develop "an inventory of meanings", supported by non-lexical morphemes (autonomous and non-autonomous), in each of these languages,
- compare these inventories, through processes of "deconstruction" and "reconstruction" of meanings,
- establish correspondences and divergences between these inventories.
- multilingual information retrieval,
- French-Turkish and Turkish-French translation,
- creation and alignment of bilingual corpora.